Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Real Love and True Reality~

This is my favorite chapter in the Bible and following is a poem I wrote recently after reading this chapter again.  Sometimes we get so caught up in "living" we forget about love.  And sometimes we get so caught up in "living" that we forget that this life is not all that there will be. Thank God that this world is  not the end of the story for those that believe!


1 Corinthians 13


verse 9 For we know in part , and we prophesy in part.
10  But  when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child , I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man , I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: for I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13  And now abides faith, hope , love , these three; but the greatest of these is love.





The Mirror~
----------------

Why do we struggle fiercely
with both hands try to keep
a hold on this earthly life?
Tis just a walking sleep.
For now we see but through a glass
darkened to our eyes.
Our true reality awaits,
just on the other side.
Someday we will see clearly,
and know as we are known,
Then all the struggles of this life,
will then have gone and flown.
So struggle fiercely with both hands,
and keep your soul aright.
And you'll find your true reality ,
home at last, in Paradise.


Here's to the other side of the mirror~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment