Wednesday, February 9, 2011

At the Last Minute~

Well, I about let today get away from me!  I have not felt well today, and did not get here to post earlier.  But, I am trying really hard to put up something new every day.  I suppose late is better than never.  About some things anyway.  I noticed in town that one of our churches billboards says "Repent now.  Avoid the rush on judgement day."  That is definitely not one of the things you want to put off!  I guess I just have a hard time understanding how people justify to themselves rejecting God's free gift of salvation.  I know it sometimes seems fun to do things the world's way, or to "be the rebel", but your soul is not something to gamble with.  God in His great mercy just gives us the choice to do what we want.  When He created us he knew that "required" love is no love at all, simply fear given in response to the consequences of not loving.  God is deserving of our love , and gifts us with unimaginable blessings each and every day. But, that is not why we should love and worship Him.  It is simply because "HE IS".  This is reason enough.  If he never bestowed another blessing , "HE IS. " If he never answered another prayer, "HE IS".  The magnitude of God is something I don't think we will ever understand.  Don't wait until the last minute to give Him your worship, your praise, and your thanks.  He is worthy!


To God be the glory~Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment