Saturday, February 5, 2011

Say it With Roses~

Well, Valentine's Day is sneaking up on us again. It seems like just yesterday it was Christmas.  I like the idea of a holiday just for showing love, but don't think it should be limited to one day a year. We should tell those that we love how we feel all the time, and not wait.  Flowers can be a nice way to do that.  I guess roses would have to be my favorite flower.  I've always loved how velvety they look.  Ahhhhh, and the smell of course!  When my husband and I were dating , he brought me a long-stemmed rose every day, and two -dozen every Valentine's Day.  My girlfriends at work said I was the luckiest girl ever.  We've been married a little over fourteen years now, and I told him I don't want cut flowers for Valentine's .  So he buys me rose bushes to plant in the yard, to last much longer!  I thought it would be fun to look up what the different colors of roses means just in case someone needs to say something to someone special!


Red- This of course, is the most traditional color, and means love and romance.

Yellow- This is the color of friendship, or to celebrate a joyous occasion, or a get well gesture.

Pink-This color is also for love.

Dark Pink- This is the color to choose if you want to say thank you, or show your gratitude.

Light Pink-  Choose this color to send to someone you admire.

White- This is the color of spirituality, innocence, and of course, purity, which is why these are the
traditional color for weddings.

Orange-  These are for enthusiasm, desire and passion.

Lavender-  Choose this color for enchantment, royalty, and majesty.  This is also the color to show
that you fell in love at first sight.


So however you say it,  don't forget....we are only promised today. Make sure those you love know
that they are important to you!

Here's to the beauty of a rose, and of love~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment