Tuesday, February 8, 2011

He's How Old?!?~

I just want to say , I am married to the most amazing man.  I guess you could say he's the perfect man for me.  I think my parents had their doubts at first, and who could blame them. I was 16, he was 29.  I think I about gave my poor Daddy a heart attack! "He's how old?!?"  "What's wrong with him?", Daddy asked.  "He's 29 and never been married, something must be wrong with him!"  We were introduced by a mutual friend, and set up on a blind date.  I fell in love at first sight, but he needed a little convincing.  He actually said his first impression of me was he didn't care for my attitude!  Can you guess where our first date was?  You'll never guess in a million years!  It's so funny , now, too!  I was singing harmony in a gospel band, and we played the Murfreesboro Nursing Home.  So , our first date was actually in a nursing home! We did have a really good time though. Not very long after that, I got really sick. ( It was lupus, but we didn't know that at the time. )  I was in the ER at Murfreesboro, and Mark lived nearly in Prescott . I called him and he came and sat with my parents and me in the ER.  His pastor was in the next room with a very ill person, and pulled my Daddy aside, and told him that Mark was a good man, so he did not have to worry about me.  My parents were so impressed with this and the effort Mark made, that they finally relented about us dating steady.  We met on September 6, 1995,  and were married on December 27, 1996.  Now we joke that my Daddy actually likes Mark better than he likes me!  True love is real, and I am so blessed to have found it.  If you are wondering if people can still be happy after 5, or 10 years, the answer is a resounding YES!  We are living proof!

Well, sorry, guys , I just had to brag a little about my best friend!
Thanks Mark, for all the happiness, and for putting up with me.....you are a  very patient man!


Here's to true love~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment