Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Whole Lotta' Fun, and a Whole Lotta ' Work~

Just got in from an exciting but exhausting time at Summer Reading Club!  We had over 30 children there today, not counting teenagers, (who were too "cool" to be counted,lol) .  I read and helped with crafts and sign in.  Another person did  a story/puppet show, and a craft, and tasting of tropical fruit.  The theme today was Africa, and the program theme is "One World, Many Stories."  My kids really enjoy getting to learn about new places and things at the library. Reading Club is a lot of fun, but the library is fun all year round.  I am so grateful to Ms. Cheryl, Ms. Tammy, Ms. Janice, and Ms. Mary who always make our experience there a good one. You wouldn't think a couple of hours would be that much work, but it sure is!  Thanks again ladies for all your hard work, and thanks for letting me volunteer. ( I am going to take my well-deserved nap now, lol!  )

Here's to summer fun at the library~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment