Saturday, July 16, 2011

Donkey Kong - Linkoroo Best place for games videos images

Donkey Kong - Linkoroo Best place for games videos images

Not sure if this will show......
This was supposed to be a link with a picture of the old donkey kong game. I was trying to explain to my boys what the old Atari and Nintendo games used to look like, and found these. It was really hard to get them to understand that video games have not always been so realistic. I mean , really! I was telling Wendy here a while back that we thought we were the bomb when we played Pong. Remember that game? Two rectangular bars on opposite sides of the screen, covering empty holes for goals. A square "ball". Moving the rectangles up and down to block the ball from going in. And that super annoying noise! Blloooop! Bllooop! Ha! And we thought that was the most fun thing ever! Now the kids play these games that look real enough to step through the screen and be there! Of course , lately I've noticed a resurgence in these old games, and they are calling them "retro"! Who knew?!? I 'm old enough to be "retro"? Lol! I've arrived! :)

Here's to being cool again, lol! ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment