Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blessings~

I must admit it was wonderful to be in the Lord's House tonight.  I have just not had the strength , energy or giddy-up to get there.  It was really great to see everyone, and to hear Brother Shinn's message about praise in all situations.  It sure spoke to me.  I hope I didn't embarrass anyone by my "Amen-ing", but it was just the message I needed tonight.  I would say, "Funny, how it works that way.", but it's not a coincidence .  God always knows just what we need, and when we need it. The verse that Pastor used was "Bless the Lord, oh my soul , and all that is within me.  Bless His holy name!"  Pastor said that perhaps David was speaking to himself, as in giving himself a kind of a pep talk.  Reminding himself to be grateful and full of praise in all situations.  David was called the man after God's own heart, even though he wasn't perfect.  Maybe it was his heart turned to praise.  I guess my prayer tonight was to be more like David. 

Here's to a heart-full of praise!~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment