Sunday, July 24, 2011

Glue~

I just got back from holding the best six pound bundle of sweetness anywhere!  I got to go to Amanda Jane's and see that beautiful ball of goodness, Miss Emma Jane.  I know everyone will say I'm prejudiced, but she really IS a gorgeous baby.  And not fussy either.  It's been a very long time since I have held anybody that tiny, though.  Of course, Amanda was glad to be home and out of the hospital too.  She doing pretty good recovering from her surgery .  It means a lot that she lets us be such a big part of her and Emma's lives.  I've always said, "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves." As an example, Mark lost his mother very early in his life, and although he had wonderful grandparents and aunts to take care of him, he still feels that empty spot.  But Nancy has adopted him, and he calls her "Mom" .  She treats him just like she gave birth to him, and it means a lot to him. I've never thought you could have too much family to love.  And the love always multiplies!  Just because you add more people, it doesn't subtract from your love for any of your other family.  People you love , and a relationship with Christ are truly the only "real " things in this world worth having.  A lot of people have gotten away from the fact that for better, or for worse, family and the love we share , is the glue that holds us together.  I 'm happy to say, I've got plenty of glue!

Here's to the important things life ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment