Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fact or Fiction?~

Just read this on a webpage.  Glass takes one million years to decompose.  It can be crushed and recycled an infinite number of times.  Okay.  That's interesting, but think about the first part of that sentence.  Glass takes one million years to decompose.  How do they know?  As far as I know, there aren't any million-year old people.    There isn't any 999,999 year old glass , to watch for the next year either.  I mean, really?  That's kind of a dumb thing to say, I think!  How can they know that for sure?  I don't think there is any way to simulate a million year's worth of wear on glass.  It's really kind of funny to think that scientists make these statements, and just expect us to swallow it hook , line , and sinker.  You know , because they have "science" to back it up.  I've read a lot of things that I thought were similarly dumb.  And just because their "facts" say it's true, a lot of people will take it as gospel.  Good thing God gave us our own brains, to form our own opinions!

Here's to finding out for yourself~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment