Thursday, August 25, 2011

Turn the Knob~

God can grant you a merry heart!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you your own biggest stumbling block?  I realize there has been a lot of "positive thinking" gobbledy gook going around.  I want to clarify something here for my blog.  I believe in positive thinking.  But , not in the sense that ,"All I need is the right attitude and thoughts , and all will be well. "  The positive thinking that the world uses is basically a New Age philosophy, of line the mind up and the body will follow.  This is not a Christian concept.  The Bible tells us that , "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he."  And "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine, but a broken spirit drieth the bones.  "  Also, "In everything give thanks. "  This is the kind of positive thinking I am trying to promote.  Not the ,"I can 'think' my way better."  That being said , the thoughts we think DO have a huge impact on our well-being.  I can be feeling physically well, and start having a bad day, and my brain gets stuck on the negative repeat button, and soon I won't be feeling physically well anymore.  I can also be feeling very physically ill, and if I can get my mind wrapped around something other than how I feel in my body, I will start to feel some better.  But this is a mechanism that God has built into our bodies, not something that our own minds can conjure. So the next time you find yourself having a physically, emotionally, or mentally painful day,  check your thoughts........if you're hung on negative repeat, find something funny, uplifting, or even silly, and ask God to help you change the channel in your brain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment