Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Every Step They Take~

Well, the new school year is just around the corner, so the boys are trying to make the rest of their summer really count.  They've had a good one though, I think.  They've been fishing, swimming in the pool,  swimming in the river, swimming in the water park, lol, went to library club, read some awesome books, spent time with their favorite cousin,  roasted marshmallows, spent a few hours playing video games, and just generally been lazy , grubby little boys.  Of course, that's really what summer is for.  At least when you're little anyway.  Since Joseph is going to turn 13 in November , he is anxious to get a job, and a vehicle of his own.  I guess some people would say "That's sad."  I don't really look at it that way, though.  I guess I always thought that was the way it should be.  Aren't we trying to grow them up into responsible adults?  I 've enjoyed the baby stage, the infant  stage, the toddler stage, the bigger boy stage, and now I'm going to enjoy the young man stage, I think.  I'm so blessed just to have them in my life, that I've been grateful for every single stage, so far.  I don't want to be the mom who wishes that they could just be little one more day.  And I don't want to rush them to adulthood either.  I want to just be grateful for this day, this moment, this stage, and I want to make the most of it. 

Here's to celebrating every step in life~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment