Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How Can I Help?~

I have something that I would really like to say today.  And I don't want it to offend anyone, so I'll say up front , that upsetting anyone is NOT my intention.  Okay.  So, here goes.  When people post something on FaceBook, and they are OBVIOUSLY upset, I don't think people should jump on their status , and start posting scriptures, and telling them NOT to be upset.  I am all for sharing the Word with others, but when someone has posted something and you can tell they are hurting, wouldn't it be better to FIRST find out if they are okay, and if you could DO anything , rather than immediately start razzing them about how they are obviously lost, and start  slamming them with the Bible?  In my opinion, if people really are lost, a lot of them know it already, and have problems going on that are so huge that they are having difficulty dealing with their lives.  Yes, they need God, and yes, His Word is amazing!  But sometimes, what some one really needs is a listening ear, or a "I'm sorry. How can I help you?"  .  Jesus had this amazing idea.  When people were hungry, He fed them.  When people were sick, He healed them.  When people were hurting, He wept , too.  Then , people were drawn to Him for their greater spiritual needs.  If someone 's physical or emotional needs are not being met, it is VERY difficult for them to hear the scriptures you are trying to use.  Just a thought.  Maybe a little compassion is in order sometimes, before we start bashing people over the head with the Bible. 

Ruby Jeanette~

No comments:

Post a Comment