Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pens and Pencils~

I'm done!  Yay!  I finally got all the textbooks, notebooks, pencils, crayons, colored pencils, markers, erasers, folders, and school supplies.  I guess some people might assume because you are a homeschooler that you don't have to buy school supplies, but that would be an erroneous assumption, lol.  I do think we didn't have to buy as many supplies as the public school students, though.  I saw the lists at Wal Mart and just couldn't believe it!  I can remember my kindergarten supply list from 1984.  One box of crayons, two number two pencils, one nap mat, one handwriting tablet, one pair of safety scissors, one bottle of glue, and one plastic tub to keep it all in. 
   This year the boys are going to be doing  regular Math, Pre-Algebra, English, Grammar and Punctuation, Science, American History, Reading, Art, and Bible.  They are also probably going to be doing some wood crafts, gardening, and possibly raising some goats to go along with the chickens that we already have.  Joseph is going to be 13 in November , and has asked if he can start studying the driver's education manual.  I said yes.  So , all in all , we have a busy year ahead, but it's a nice kind of busy.  I am glad to be raising up men, but I wonder sometimes what I will do with all my time when they are grown! 

Here's to learning and growing a little every day~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment