Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Change of Heart, A Change of Seasons~

I suppose I have enjoyed my Labor Day holiday, as I did not "labor" over my blog or FB page,lol!  It was nice having Mark and the boys home for a short vacation before we really get our noses down to the grindstone with school .  They are laboring at the dining table right now over their reading,  today's subject is the Atomic Age.  This was a harder subject to explain ,than I thought.  We don't really let them watch violent television, or play violent video games.  They get along really well together, and very seldom ever fight.  They've only ever come to blows maybe twice in their whole lives.  So it's really hard to explain the whole concept of war, and nuclear bombs and all that.  I mean , their whole attitude was , "How can something be so bad that you have to use nuclear bombs on someone else?  Why didn't they just try to talk to one another?  Did their moms not make them work it out?!?".  Oh , if only the world saw it that way ! I explained the best I could, although I 'm sure they still don't really understand.  And maybe that's not a bad thing.  Maybe we could all take a step backward in time, and say,  "Is it really that bad?  Or could we maybe work it out by talking to each other?".  I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, and is enjoying their day so far today.  We've maybe got a little taste of fall going on today.......feels good doesn't it? I so love this time of year!  The change in the seasons reminds me that God can always change our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment