Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fair Time ! ~

Well, it's that time of year again.  County fair time.  I love the fair!  It's always so much fun to go, and see the parade, and exhibits.  My favorite is all of the art entries.  I didn't get my heinie in gear this year and draw anything to enter.  I got a third place last year, and  a first prize year before last, but have just been too busy to really have free time to draw and do it right.  I belong to EH too, and usually my project with the club involves helping to design the fair booth for our club.  Last year the theme was Country Roots, and Cowboy Boots. Our design won best in show! This year our theme is Pig Squeals, and Ferris Wheels.  We worked on it last week, so I'm hoping it does well this year .  Here is a copy of the poem I wrote to use in our booth.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the fair~

We've got pig squeals, and ferris wheels,
here at the Pike County fair.
We've got pink cotton candy, the exhibits are dandy,
and we hope to see you there.

The leaves are a ' fallin ',
the wild geese are   a ' callin ' ,
and the pumpkins lay bright on the ground.
To see Nature's bounty,  
just visit Pike County,
'  cause we've got the best around!


Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment