Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Where's the Light? ~

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel.  Stride down there, and light it yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Have you had dark days lately?  Does it all seem like it's closing in on you, and there is no place left to turn?  I've been there!  It is oh, so easy to feel  like you are in the dark tunnel, with light so very far away.  The quote at the top makes it sound easy, doesn't it?  Just "stride down there, and light it yourself!" .  But what if you can't see to walk?  What if you can't find your own hand in front of your face?  I've never been afraid of the dark, but I know people who are .  They talk about it being a crippling fear, fear of the unknown.  Fear of falling, fear of something being in the dark , that can hurt you.  So really, it's not necessarily about the dark itself, but what can happen to you, and be in, the dark.  Jesus talks quite a bit about the dark in His messages.  In John chapter 3 verse 19, Jesus says ,  "And this is the condemnation , that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. "  And in 2 Corinthians chapter 4 verse 6 Paul tells us this, "For God , who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  "   In Genesis God said , "Let there be light, and there was light."  And perhaps the most powerful of all Scriptures, to those in dark times, and in dark places........John chapter 8 verse 12, "Then spake Jesus again unto them saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."  What a wonderful promise!  Does this mean I will never have dark times?  Will I never again struggle with fear?  No!  But this promise does mean , I WILL NEVER WALK ALONE! So when I am in that dark tunnel,  I don't have to stride down and light it myself, Jesus is right beside me , and He is the light!  I don't have to be afraid of the dark, because He holds my hand and walks with me.  I can use this knowledge and this promise, to make it out of the tunnel, and back to the land of the living! 

Here's to never walking alone ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment