Saturday, September 17, 2011

Water for life~

It was so wonderful to feel the rain yesterday!  It has been so dry here, it seemed as if it would never rain again.  Drought is never good, but in the summer it seems even worse, with the heat, and everything just ends up crunchy and brown.  All of the grass and trees, people's gardens and haymeadows, it all looks really sad.  I know it makes it hard on the farmers and ranchers, too, because they won't have enough hay to feed their cows through the winter and will have to buy it elsewhere.  Of course, Texas has had all those wildfires , so not sure if people can buy hay from there, either.  I know I complain sometimes about the rain, (it's terrible on arthritic joints), but I would never wish for it to NOT rain.  I got to thinking about the drought in the Old Testament, during the time of Ahab.  I'm not sure how long it lasted, the Bible says years,  and many days.  We've done without rain for a few weeks, and we've experienced lots of difficulties because of it. Not sure how we'd deal with YEARS without rain.  Of course, I thought it was kind of ironic that Ahab asked Elijah if it was "he" who troubled Israel?,  as if the fact that Ahab doing more evil and wickedness than any other king had nothing to do with it!  I don't think we were having drought as punishment necessarily, but it does get your attention doesn't it?  We all know water is a necessity of life, but we sometimes take it for granted I think.  I hope it continues to rain , for a couple more days anyway, and I 'm promising myself, I'm not complaining about it anymore! 

Here's to showers and sprinkles! ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment