Friday, November 19, 2010

What are you full of?

When we get full of ourselves, we get empty of God.

The world is set up for instant gratification of self.  We are constantly surrounded with the notion that we are the most important person on the planet.  What do we want, what are we feeling, what is important to us, what is our dream, what is our goal, what can we get for ourselves today?  What about me? Who will care about , and for me?  This is a major cause of unhappiness , this inward focus on self.  We become so full of self, and our inner souls become like greedy two year olds, who have those lovely hissie fits when the world doesn't go their way! It is very easy to get this way. I have to remember to fill my life up with God, and place my focus on others' needs. Because, being full of only ourselves, actually makes us pretty empty people.

Here's to having God -Full lives- Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment