Friday, November 26, 2010

Time Saved?

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save-
Will Rogers

Hurry!Hurry!Hurry!  That must be our slogan here in America.  Every where I go , people are rushing.  They pass you on the highway, they pass you in the Wal-Mart aisle, they pass you on the street.  Wherever these people are headed, surely it will still be there in ten minutes, twenty minutes, or even tomorrow for that matter.  I'm all for everyone living life to the fullest, but does that mean cramming every moment of every day with some type of activity, for us, or our children?  I can tell you , the moments I most remember in my life, had nothing to do with being in a hurry.  Sitting quietly in the woods with my Daddy, sitting quietly in the garden with my Grandpa on a plastic bucket next to me.  We were planting tomatoes, we didn't have to rush, we didn't even have to talk to each other to be enjoying ourselves.  Just being there was enough.  Can you think of the last moment you had like that?  The time slipped away, and it didn't matter that town was in a hurry, or that there were appointments to keep, only that place you were then counted. I hope I can make time for more empty spaces in my life.  Empty, so that I can fill them up, with slow-flowing times with the people I love.   

Here's to living slowly- Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment